Everyone says, we can all do something to make a difference.
So ask yourself what is in your power to create impact around you? Here are some thoughts to get your mind racing towards what I mean by this!
- Start a compost heap
- On Environmental topics in your town, have a say
- Do not buy from unethical food makers (those that endorse gmos, part of rainforest degredation and those that are not fair trade etc….
- Reuse items in home as much as possible.
- Help with community beach pick ups
- Help with river clean ups that you know of.
- Pick up Rubbish around you (Yes you are stopping animals possibly eating sometimes)
- Help sort recycling for elderly
- Buy biodegradible products
- Walk or bike ride instead of car when you can.
- Make sure your car runs efficiently, inefficient cars can blow smoke and creat pollution.
- Sign Petitions for global Change
- Grow vegetables and fruit trees when you can.
You may have more ideas, please share them. I would love to hear them as a comment or maybe even on facebook. It is not a keeping score game, you will not get more brownie points, but you will know what your doing.
For me I started simple. I was running a business that did not recycle, so I source a company that “did” recycle not just a company that picks it up and dumps in landfill. ( a personal detest moment). I am not saying I am a better person for it, but for me it is my part. I do believe if we went back to glass recycling when everyone was paid to collect and drop off, it was more sustainable. Do you have an opinion on this?
I leave it there, its a big topic and whatever you decide to do, you will know that it is important and it does make a difference and you will know it.